Focal artifact are used by reapers and limited to them alone. On the surface there is nothing to indicate that a focal artifact is any different for a regular Item of the same kind.
A reaper has to be able to use their artifact to single out the targets of their magic otherwise the item in question will not work as a focal artifact.
- Any soul piece type can be used to power a Reaper's Focal Magic
- The corresponding proficiency must be used for every such soul piece (excluding Boosting)
- Focal Artifacts generally have a 3 Health and 8 Hardiness, and are subject to the Double-Damage Rule
- Double-Damage Rule (an attack with strength equal than or greater to the Hardiness value will inflict an additional point of damage)
- A Focal Artifact can be any object that can be destroyed
- Focal Magic is limited in scope to a general theme at the digression of the GM
- Focal Magic will not be defined by the nature of the Focal Artifact (in an effort to not limit player choice)
A few examples of focal artifacts are;
- Voodoo Dolls
- Notebooks (Death notes)
- weapons (sword, scythes, gun, ect)
- Cameras (even cellphone cameras )
A focal artifact is bonded to it's reaper. if the artifact is destroyed then the reaper loses there soul power and their soul shell shatters.